The Quick & Simple Granny Shawl pattern has been tested and is ready to go! Read about & download the free PDF below.
56” (142 cm) wingspan before blocking, 68” (173 cm) wingspan after blocking (but adjustable to your liking by just adding or subtracting rows)
- 6 skeins of Lion Brand Landscapes (New Aran) in colorway 204 Desert Spring (pictured above) or 882 yards (807 m) of an aran weight yarn of your choice
- 6.0 mm/US J hook
- Finishing items: scissors, tapestry needle, blocking pins & mats
Gauge is not important, just crochet until the shawl is the size you want!
- Blocking is not required, it is up to your personal preference
- Keep in mind that adjusting the size will also change the required amount of yarn
- The other pictured example below uses a DK weight yarn, King Cole Riot, with the 6.0 mm/US J hook for a lacier feel; this is a great example of how you can customize the pattern to your liking!
- Pattern testing & the King Cole Riot example were done by the lovely Claire, owner of the blog Mollie & Claire. Thank you Claire!