This is my first clutch pattern, and I’m very pleased with it! It’s made up of 4 of my flower stitch sampler granny squares stitched together with a fabric lining and a 7″ zipper sewn together by sewing machine.
I wrote up the pattern for this and it is free (pattern available here for download as a PDF)! Here are the specifications:
Finished size: 4″ (10cm) tall, 7.5″ (19cm) wide (can fit a checkbook or an iPhone 6 in a case)
- US G/6 hook
- 50g (92 yds) of Caron Simply Soft in Peach 9737 (or any other worsted weight yarn)
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Fabric scissors/rotary cutter w/ cutting mat & straight-edge
- Iron & ironing board
- Sewing pins
- Fabric for lining (about 10″x10″, or 25×25 cm)
- 7″ (18 cm) Coats All Purpose Zipper in 57 Nile Green
- Sewing needle or sewing machine & thread to match yarn
Gauge: Each square should be slightly over 3.5″ (about 9 cm) after being stretched to open up the lacy pattern
Special crochet stitches (using US terms!):
- 2-dc cluster
- Puff stitch
- Popcorn stitch
To be honest I think this would look even better in a less shiny yarn that shows the texture a little better, but I’m very happy with this (the colors especially!).
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or use the contact form in the menu bar! I hope you enjoy!