frustration wins this round

While I’m happy with how my blogs are looking after some changes, I’m frustrated with the ski bonnet.  Last post I mentioned that I ripped out my first attempt (which was only about 13 rows but actually took a long time.  Well, here’s my second attempt, using scrap yarn so that I could get the pattern down:

I messed up the twists in the bottom right corner but it got better.

As you can see, I chose to use my double points instead of the circular needle.  Crazy as it seems, it feels less cumbersome to me (especially when starting off).  So after achieving satisfaction with the sample, I brought out the magenta yarn again and tried for the real thing.  Again I got to about row 13 and realized I made a mistake in row 5, and I had no idea how to go about fixing it.  So I’ve done rows 1-13 three times now, none of which have been satisfactory.  I considered just keeping going, but I want this hat to be perfect, so I frogged it again.

Maybe 4th time’s the charm.  I’m going to try to be less distracted by other things while I’m knitting this time so I can follow the chart properly.  No more Japanese anime with subtitles!  Maybe some good ol’ Harry Potter audiobooks.

Wish me luck, and thanks for stopping by!  Hopefully I’ll have a photo worthy sample soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: