speedy cushion

Last night and today, I stitched out another cushion!  This one’s about 14″ x 14″ and features Caron Simply Soft, like the last one.  I used this crochet button closure tutorial and this border tutorial.  I also used this cushion for my inspiration, but the pattern, as far as I know, is all me.  The actual pillow was sewn from one of my boyfriend’s undershirts, and stuffed with Poly-Fil.  Oh and I used the alternative granny pattern for the squares.  Here it is!

I love the way the little holes in the corner line up to make diamonds!  I feel like it adds extra visual interest.

I also framed part of the packaging my new craft bag came in today.  I know it’s silly, but I think I’ll hang it in my bedroom.  It is really cute:

Sorry for so many posts in a short amount of time.  I just like to share things when I finish instead of waiting a few days and possibly forgetting to post.  Anyway, hope you like cushion #2!

finished the cushion

My first cushion ever, made with the square pattern from Attic24 and the border method from Compact UK, has been completed.  I’m a little unsatisfied with the shape of the pillow — it’s still lumpy and misshapen looking.  Maybe with some use it will work the bumps out itself?  The buttons on the back aren’t quite spaced out the way I wanted them to be either, but I honestly just wanted to finish it up.  Anyway, here are the pics:

newest project

I’ve been working hard today and I’m excited to share my next project with you!  I’m making a cushion!

As I didn’t have any extra white pillows or any white linens to make a pillow out of, I used one of my boyfriend’s huge T-shirts.  It was difficult to work with knitted fabric, especially since I only have a straight stitch on my old sewing machine:

I filled the pillow with regular old Poly-Fill from Wal-Mart, and it’s ready to go (it’s quite lumpy and weird looking, but it’ll be covered up with my cushion cover anyway).

For the crocheted cushion cover, I chose these yarn colors from the Caron Simply Soft collection, again at Wal-Mart:

Aren’t they pretty?  The dark blue is going to be the back side of the cover, while the other colors will be on the front.  I’m using a granny square pattern written up by Lucy at Attic24, and I’m also using her tutorial for joining squares as you go to save me the trouble of putting them together at the end.  Some people may think it looks a little sloppy, but I think it adds charm to certain projects like this.  I also think the colors look a bit Cath Kidston-y, which is awesome since her products are my new obsession (my craft bag has unfortunately not come in yet).  Anyway, here’s what I’ve done so far:

I have 2 more long rows to go and I’ll be done with the front of the cover.  It’s going to be a long throw pillow, almost regular bed pillow size.  Hopefully I can finish the front part of the cover tomorrow, and then get crackin’ on the back piece.  Hopefully I’ll be sharing good progress soon!

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,533 other followers

%d bloggers like this: